I've been working on drybrushing techniques for my Feliform Labs ocelot fursuit project. Since this does not involve ocelots or animatronics, I'm posting it here on my personal blog.
I noticed that some of my prototyping fur (Mendel's Fawn, color sand, fiber length 15 mm) looked a lot like clouded leopard fur without markings. I tried to drybrush some clouds, a few spots, and some stripes using pictures of real clouded leopards for reference. I used the Matrices drybrushing tutorial to learn the basic steps.
The results look reasonable. They are much better than my first attempt at drybrushing, but I still need to improve my techniques. Some of the painted areas are noticeably matted. I tried to add some faint shading inside the clouds, but the results were too dark in some areas and overall not consistent enough.